I get a tattoo of my face over my face. Now my face looks even more like my face. It’s my face twice over. My wife asks me if I’m in a good mood because today I look brighter than ever. I tell her yes. It’s true. I’m true. My truest face.
The Man with the Tiger’s Head Who Answers Phones
I have a human body and a tiger’s head. People stare at me on the train. I avoid their eyes. I answer phones at the company that makes weapons. Nobody sees me over the phone. My voice is deep and splendid like a purr. I sleep very deeply. In the dream I run through a jungle. The trees are on fire. Somebody’s screaming.
- In the cabin we eat meat for nourishment.
- Chad leaves to look for more meat. Where is Chad?
- Vlad goes to look for Chad. Where are Vlad and Chad?
- We are hungry enough to lock the doors. Tad and I knock on Brad’s door. Poor dead Brad!
- I wander the woods full of nourishment. The moon tracks me like an eye.
The End of the World
I am out for my morning run when I see the mushroom cloud blossoming over the skyscrapers. Then I hear the explosion and am knocked to my hands and knees. The air smells sweet like ozone. A car alarm is going off. The end is near. I run into a gas station. A microwave beeps. The cashier has hung himself with a red licorice rope. A hotdog turns behind glass. It starts to rain.